If you’re a member and have something to share — a newly-published book, a new position, some other professional achievement, or simply personal news you would like to share with fellow members – please let Bruce know.
- Brandon Jones is the author of the newly-published book, Waters of Promise: Finding Meaning in Believer Baptism, now available from Wipf and Stock publishers. From the publisher: “In Waters of Promise, Brandon Jones seeks to answer these questions by drawing from Scripture, theology, history, and church practice. The resulting recovery of the link between covenant theology and believer baptism may change not only how you think about baptism but also how your church practices it.”
- Melody Maxwell has been named the Director of the Great Commission Center of East Texas Baptist University. The Great Commission Center of East Texas Baptist University is dedicated to creating and equipping servant leaders that can serve locally in Marshall as well as anywhere around the world where God may call them. ETBU students contribute hundreds of volunteer hours each year for local ministry and service initiatives through ongoing involvement and special events. Click here for more information.
- Doug Weaver has been promoted to full professor at Baylor University. Doug teaches in Baylor’s Department of Religion and is Director of Undergraduate Studies in the Department of Religion. He is also the Festchrisft and Miscellaneous Issue Editor of the Baptist History & Heritage Journal.
- David King, recent graduate of Emory University’s PhD program, has accepted the position of Assistant Professor of Church History at Memphis Theological Seminary. David is on the Society’s Council of Advisors.
- Charles Deweese, former executive director of the Baptist History & Heritage Society, is editor of a new book. Cancer and Healing: Memoirs of Gratitude and Hope is now available from Mercer University Press. The volume includes chapter contributions from Deweese, as well as from BH&HS members Doug Weaver, Marc Jolley, Edd Rowell, Slayden Yarbrough and John Chowning.
- Gary Burton, pastor of Pintlala Baptist Church in Alabama, recently celebrated his 40th anniversary as pastor of Pintlala. The video of the anniversary celebration is available here.